With peach season coming to an end, you better get on this recipe! My husband at first had mixed emotions about peaches with chicken… until he tried it! The sweetness of the peaches with the balsamic vinegar match together, especially with the honey in it. On the side we added sauteed Jersey veggies to make this a Jersey Fresh dish!
PEACH BALSAMIC BASIL CHICKEN
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 white onion
4 boneless chicken breasts
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 cup balsamic ving.
1 tbsp honey
1 large ripe peach
1 tomato, chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil. Cook onions until soft.
- Tenderize and season chicken with S&P. Push onions to the side, cook chicken on both sides for 3 min.
- Remove chicken from pan on to plate.
- Add garlic with onions and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add balsamic, honey, tomatoes, and peaches cook until half the balsamic is absorbed and peaches are soft.
- Add chicken and cover for 10-15 minute until internal chicken temp is 165°F.
- Remove from heat and add basil.
- Enjoy with Jersey produce!