Thanksgiving is a time to enjoy good food and family. Here is a delicious, healthy, high fiber, naturally sweetened, high in vit A dessert to bring to your Thanksgiving meal.
PUMPKIN SPICE DESSERT HUMMUS
Serves: 1.5 cups
- 6 Medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 can white beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp water (more if necessary)
- to top: pumpkin spice pumpkin seeds
- to dip: apples, pumpkin or sweet potato chips, or smear on toast
- In a food processor, process the dates until a smooth consistency. Drizzle water, slowly to help make the smooth consistency.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Place in carved pumpkin and top with pumpkin spice pumpkin seeds (homemade recipe below).
- Dip with apples, pumpkin chips, whole wheat pita, or spread on toast!