Our dinners lately have been quick because my husband has been working almost every night. Most days of the week we don’t see each other or it is for an hour or so. When we have a night to have dinners together, we usually have 1-2 hours so quick dinners are a must! This fresh tomato sauce is super quick, add some veggies, chick pea pasta, and later we added leftover grilled chicken…delightful! We love the chick pea pasta as it is filling and tastes just as good as regular pasta (to us).
FRESH (& QUICK) TOMATO SAUCE
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 7 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt & pepper to taste
- 5-8 Fresh basil leaves
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick skillet (may need more depending on skillet)
- Add all ingredients, except basil leaves.
- Cook on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes (until ready to eat).
- Mix with chick pea pasta and veggies to bulk it up!
- Enjoy the taste of Jersey tomatoes (and Jersey broccoli).