Make sure you keep your health in mind this holiday season. You can still live a healthy lifestyle while not depriving yourself this season with these tips:
- Eat something small before going so you aren’t starving
- Have a small portion of a higher calorie/fat/sugar/salt item—try taking 2-3 bites to satisfy those taste buds
- Use a smaller plate (try not to go back for seconds)
- Fill your plate correctly:
- 1st: veggies
- 2nd: fruit
- 3rd: protein
- 4th: starch
- 5th: sweets
- Skip the items you can get anytime of the year and enjoy the items you only get during the holidays (my fav are the cinnamon buns at brunch)
- Stay active with the fam or do a quick 30 minute workout in the morning
- Bring the healthier dish
- Be nice to yourself with positive self talk. Eating healthy then beating yourself up will do worse on your body than those cookies!
- Enjoy your time with the people you love!
CANDY CANE CAPRESE BOARD
2 tomatoes, sliced
16 oz Mozzarella ball, sliced
10-12 pieces of toast
- Shape slices of tomato and mozzarella into a candy cane.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Serve with balsamic glaze, toast, basil.
Plain pancakes (homemade or frozen)
sauteed with apples, coconut oil, cinnamon
anything else you can think of!
- Place pancakes in the middle and toppings all around.
AVOCADO TOAST BOARD
Whole grain bread, toasted
everything but the bagel seasoning
- Place toppings around the bread.