My local grocery store had a sale on avocados for $.79!! So I obviously got a bunch. I love my avocado in a salad, on toast with eggs and everything but the bagel seasoning, my tacos, my guacamole chicken recipe, or just simply guacamole with tortilla chips or red pepper. I am jazzing up guacamole just for the super bowl this weekend.
FOOTBALL GUACAMOLE CUPS
Serves: 6 guacamole footballs
- 3 avocados
1/2 lime, juice
1/4 red onion, chopped
1/8 red pepper, chopped
1/2 jalapeño, chopped (depending on your spice needs)
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/2 tomato, chopped
Salt to taste
1/4 cup sour cream
- Cut avocados in half and remove avocado into medium bowl, keep skin, and discard seed.
- Add remaining ingredients (except sour cream) to bowl. Combine together to consistency to your liking: I like mine chunky but you can mash it as much as you want!
- Spoon guac back into avocado skins.
- In a sandwich bag, place sour cream in one corner. Cut a small hole in the corner and create the lines for the football.
- Serve with chips, red pepper, cucumbers, or just use as decoration (just kidding they are too delicious and won’t last too long as decor 😉)