How many of you got a pressure cooker for Christmas? Best thing since slice bread (why is that even a saying?)! I got a new one on black Friday, which works better than my hand-me-down one. I love that I can take a frozen meat and make a delicious meal in 30 minutes or under! My favorite dish to make is this turkey chili. Add some small bowls or cups so it can go further.
Chili is great as you can add whatever toppings and eat with a spoon = clean eating (literally). The toppings I included are: chips, green onion, long hot pieces, little cheese, avocado, and plain Greek yogurt. Corn bread is another great addition that my husband enjoys.
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
2 cans fire roasted tomatoes
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
toppings: green onions, long hots or jalapeños, avocado, cheese, Greek yogurt, chips, corn bread, roasted sweet potatoes
- Turn instant pot to saute. Heat olive oil in pot. Add the meat, cook until browned while breaking up the meat in small chunks.
- Add the onion and red pepper. Cook until soft, about 3 minutes
- Add the canned tomatoes, beans, and seasonings. Fold all together so the flavoring cooks throughout.
- Turn the instant pot to the chili/beans, cook for 20 minutes.
- Add to a serving bowl, serve with toppings.